Member Relations Intern
Are you an undergraduate student, at a local Common App member college, who is interested in learning more about organizational branding? The Common Application has rebranded and we are looking for help updating content and training materials for our member colleges. This is a unique opportunity, for a detail oriented person, to see how rebranding is rolled out within an organization.This individual will work directly with a Manager, Member Relations and our whole Member Services team. The day-to-day responsibilities of this role will focus on projects related to creating, updating, and editing the content and training materials we provide to our Common Application member colleges through our websites and other resources to match our new branding standards.
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review, write, edit, and update external training content and communication
- Provide feedback and/or assist with the reorganization of the Member Solutions Center and Annual Updates websites
- Complete other projects as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Student majoring in Communication, Business, English, Web Design, Education, Marketing, or equivalent combination of education and professional experience are ideal
- Junior or Senior, from a Common App member college preferred
Hands-on proficiency in the following software applications:
- Microsoft Suite Products
- Google Suite Products
- Experience with Salesforce and HTML, highly desirable
- Proficient in planning, documenting, prioritizing and scheduling objectives, projects and tasks
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Creative and enthusiastic about providing ideas
- Able to interact at all levels of management and personnel
This is a part-time internship from September through the beginning of December 2019. Applicants must be able to work 15 hours per week, during the hours of 9 am to 5:30 pm Monday through Friday. Our office is located 1 block from the Clarendon metro in Arlington, Virginia.